Why choose me to work with you?
The client-centered difference
What sets me apart from other mental health professionals is my unique approach to coaching and therapy, bringing in my international perspective that you won’t find anywhere else. Born and raised in Austria, I have extensive international experience working with professionals and high-network individuals (with over 15 years of experience, training and education in Europe/Austria and the United States).
I understand the unique challenges that come with your profession, your wealth and success.
As a specialized psychologist with expertise in adult ADHD, anxiety, phobia, psychological evaluation, and relationship issues, I bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to my practice. I am also heavily trained in multiple evidence-based therapies, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and brief eclectic psychotherapy for PTSD. It allows me to tailor treatment plans to meet the unique needs of each client, helping them navigate the complexities of their lives and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Additionally, as a native of Austria working in South Florida, I bring a unique perspective to my practice in South Florida that clients won’t find anywhere else here; it allows me to connect with clients from diverse backgrounds.
I truly believe that therapy and coaching are most effective when the psychologist’s training and experience matches the needs of their clients, and – ideally – there is also a match “personality-wise”. To make sure that we match, I usually offer free consultation sessions (appr. 30 minutes), to give you an opportunity to meet with me, to discuss my therapy approach, and to see if you feel comfortable to start working with me (it’s also important for me to see if I am the right expert for you).
By choosing me as your psychologist, you can expect a compassionate and understanding approach to achieving your goals.
My educational and professional background
Please find some information about my extensive educational and professional background below:
- Licensed Psychologist for 14 years (Florida, Tennessee, and Austria): educated/trained in cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, solution-focused therapy, brief eclectic psychotherapy for PTSD, positive psychology, etc. It is important for me to stay up to date on most recent developments in psychology.
- Research Fellow and Lecturer for over 15 years: I have been working at the Faculty of Psychology, University of Vienna, Austria; Sigmund Freud University, Vienna, Austria; Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee; I am still teaching courses for psychologists and psychologists-in-training in Austria (e.g., Health Psychology, Online-Based Counseling, etc.).
- Published researcher: During my academic years, my main research expertise encompassed “Psychology and New Technology”, including online gaming disorder and virtual reality therapy, with 50+ peer-reviewed publications and presentations. I was also an invited speaker at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology M.I.T. in Boston/MA (invited lecture “video game theory course”).
- Extensive public mental health and substance abuse policy experience: I worked as a researcher at the Tennessee Department for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Reviewer for peer-reviewed journals (e.g., Computers in Human Behavior), for research programs of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research; for the PrideBiz Science Award, Austrian Gay Professional Organization, Vienna, Austria.
Over the past 15 years, I gave multiple interviews for newspapers and magazines, mostly in German.