About Dr. Mario Lehenbauer-Baum:
Dr. Mario Lehenbauer-Baum is a Licensed Psychologist in Tennessee, and the director of Thrive in Life Counseling and Therapy LLC. He won several psychology awards (e.g., Wilhelm-Exner-Award for Psychology), and he is the author and co-author of 50+ publications in peer-reviewed journals and books.
He has studied in Vienna, Austria (the birth place of psychotherapy) and Nashville, Tennessee; he is able to provide services in English as well as German.
Dr. Lehenbauer-Baum’s mission is to provide evidence-based psychotherapy and counseling services. As a patient/client, you can expect high-quality services; Dr. Baum takes each client/patient very seriously. He has extensive trainings in a wide range of modalities, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, positive psychology, solution-focused therapy, mindfulness and stress management strategies; these approaches are active, problem-focused and addressing here-and-now issues. He focuses on a wide range of issues (ADHD/ADD, men’s issues, relationship and marital issues, men’s issues, couple counseling, career and life choices, life transition issues, etc…). He is also experienced in working with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) individuals and he provides gender-affirmative services.
Dr. Mario Lehenbauer-Baum is still heavily involved in continuing research and emerging trends of therapy (such as internet addiction, social anxiety and internet gaming addiction). He is also an educator to graduate and doctorate students who are pursuing their goal of becoming licensed psychologists themselves.
If you are interested in his publications, please find a list here.
If you are interested in his research and consulting, please find more information here.
- Nashville Psychotherapy Institute
- Professional member of the American Psychological Association
- Tennessee Psychological Association
- Nashville LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Austrian Psychological Association
- Over 10 years providing services in the mental health field
- 15 years education and training at the University of Vienna, Austria, in clinical and health psychology; specialization in cognitive-behavioral methods and mindfulness .
- Master and PhD in (Clinical) Psychology from the University of Vienna, Austria
- Pre- and postdoctoral training at the research and training practice at the Department for Clinical Psychology, University of Vienna
- Faculty positions at the University of Vienna, Sigmund Freud University Vienna and Vanderbilt University in Nashville,Tennessee since 2007
- Statistical Research Specialist at the Tennessee Department for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services in Nashville, Tennessee from 2015 – 2017
- Licensed as Clinical Psychologist in Austria since 2008
- Licensed as Clinical Psychologist in Tennessee since 2016
- 50+ publications in peer-reviewed journals, news and media
- Reviewer for peer-reviewed journals