Dr. Mario Lehenbauer-Baum, a Licensed Psychologist in Florida and Tennessee, won several psychology awards (e.g., Wilhelm-Exner-Award for Psychology), and is the author and co-author of 50+ publications in peer-reviewed journals and books. He has studied in Vienna, Austria (the birth place of psychotherapy) and Nashville, Tennessee; he is able to provide services in English as well as German. He has extensive trainings in a wide range of modalities, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, positive psychology, solution-focused therapy, mindfulness and stress management strategies; these approaches are active, problem-focused and addressing here-and-now issues.
In his private practice, “Thrive in Life LLC”, he focuses primarily on anxiety disorders, adult ADHD/ADD, men’s issues, relationship and marital issues, couple counseling, and career and life choices. He is also experienced in providing services for LGBTQIA+ individuals and couples and poly* relationships.
Dr. Mario Lehenbauer-Baum is still heavily involved in continuing research and emerging trends of therapy (such as internet addiction, social anxiety and internet gaming addiction). He is also an educator to graduate and doctorate students who are pursuing their goal of becoming licensed psychologists themselves.
- U.S. National Register of Health Service Psychologists (accredited and credentialed as a Health Service Psychologist)
- American Psychological Association (Professional member)
- Florida Psychological Association
- Austrian Psychological Association
- Accredited and credentialed by the U.S. “National Register of Health Service Psychologists”
- Licensed as Psychologist in Florida since 2020
- Licensed as Clinical Psychologist in Tennessee since 2016
- Reviewer for peer-reviewed journals
- Licensed as Clinical Psychologist in Austria 2008 – 2019
- Over 13+ years providing services in the mental health field
- 15 years education, training and research experience at the University of Vienna, Austria
- PhD in (Clinical) Psychology
- Pre- and postdoctoral training at the research and training practice at the Department for Clinical Psychology, University of Vienna
- Faculty positions at the University of Vienna, Sigmund Freud University Vienna and Vanderbilt University in Nashville,Tennessee since 2007
- Statistical Research Specialist at the Tennessee Department for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services in Nashville, Tennessee from 2015 – 2017
- 50+ publications in peer-reviewed journals, news and media